Hello Seb Bec,
That's a tricky one! Could you share your workbook or a screenshot with us so we understand what you are trying to achieve? Maybe someone will have a better workaround than the one I am proposing below, but here is my approach:
- Using the steps in this article to add the background image on the Dashboard: Overlaying Transparent Worksheets onto a Dashboard Background Image | Tableau Software
- I've created a new sheet and on this sheet:
- I created a blank calculated field so that the "Abc" text disappear
- I've added a dimension to the view and unticked the "Show Header"
- I've also hidden the title of that worksheet so that it doesn't appear in the dashboard
- I've formatted the background of my worksheet so it's black and matches the background of my picture
- In the Tooltip, I've added a text but you can customize it the way you want (like Viz in Tooltip).
Pictures of what it looks like
The hidden worksheet that contains the tooltip is located in the top left corner of this dashboard:
But if you hover over the top left corner, you'll see the worksheet and the tooltip appear
I've attached the workbook too. Hope this helps a little bit.
PS: Don't forget to vote on the following ideas:
Thanks for reading and good luck!
Tooltip.twbx 1.4 MB