2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2018 2:31 PM by Shelbey Wanner

Filter Actions not working as expected

Shelbey Wanner

I'm trying to set up multiple Filter Actions. When I test the filter, it's not doing what I want it to. I'm hoping somebody can help me out and show me what I'm doing wrong.

First, starting from the Total Down by Equip worksheet, I want to click on the total hours down and have the filter take me to the Total Down by Category worksheet. From here, the total number of hours from all three categories should equal the number clicked on from the Total Down by Equip worksheet. Second, I want to click on a number for hours from the filtered Total Down by Category worksheet and have the filter take me to the Total Down by Reason worksheet. The total hours here should total the number clicked on from the Total Down by Category worksheet. Finally, by clicking on a number on the filtered Total Down by Reason worksheet, I wan the filter to take me to the Detailed Findings worksheet and again, the total number of hours listed here should match the total number clicked on from the Total Down by Reason worksheet. Basically, I'm trying to establish a drill down.

Right now, the filters seem to be working to get from the Total Down by Equip worksheet to the Total Down by Category worksheet, but when I click on a number from the Category sheet, the Reasons are not filtered. I'm getting the entire list of reasons and the total hours for all of the data.

I set up the same type of filter actions to filter from the Unplanned Cost worksheet down to the Cost by Area worksheet, then down to Cost by Asset worksheet, and ending at the Cost by WO sheet. Those filters seem to be working just fine, so I'm not sure what the difference is in my set up with the downtime hour filters.