5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 8:16 AM by Marshall Ma

Can't connect MongoDB 3.6 to Tableau Desktop 2018.01

Marshall Ma

Hi all,

I am new to MongoDB and Tableau and I need to connect them for work. I succeeded using Simba Driver but now I need to use BI Connector, but I am stuck somwhere...

My environment is Windows 10 64bit. My company has a remote server like company-mongo-01.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com with username and password (no SSL). However when I installed BI connector 2.5, Tableau Desktop 2018.01 and Mysql ODBC driver 8.0, ran a mongosqld instance on command prompt, Tableau returns an error:

An error occurred while communicating with MongoDB BI Connector. Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database. Unable to connect to the ODBC Data Source. Check that the necessary drivers are installed and that the connection properties are valid. [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(w) Driver]ssl is required when using cleartext authentication Unable to connect to the server "127.0.0.1". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

I think my Mongosqld is running to local host 127.0.0.1:3307 (as default, right?) But I am still confused what part is wrong. Could you please give me some hints?

Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Marshall