2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2018 7:36 AM by Vasu choudhury

Show relevant values in other dashboard from an Action

Vasu choudhury

Hello,

Can you please help me out in displaying the shown count details in dashboard 2. i.e.

I have a dashboard with some Action filters on it and finally and i see a count of 3(which is distinct count of order ID) upon selection of different criteria. Now when i click on 3, then I need to display only 3 rows in Dashboard 2 instead of all values.

I am using 2 different data sources to get the details.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Show relevant values in other dashboard from an Action
          arvindgarg

I can understand you created this example, which might be similar to your actual issue.

1. These are order and returns tables. Not all the orders are returned in this particular case. So you can not expect that clicking on number 3 will give you 3 rows in dashboard2.

2. Also, your city sheet does not contain any granular information. I can see number 3. But this number 3 belongs to which city, order etc.  Tableau would need that information to fitter out other rows.

I am not giving you a direct answer here. But I hope this will give you some idea to replan your dashboard.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Show relevant values in other dashboard from an Action
            Vasu choudhury

Hi Arvind, I am also on the same page.

I am trying to improve the performance time of the dashboard by splitting them into 2 DS. If we have all the columns from a single DS then loading/rendering time is slow because of loading all these ID's(25M). Also I need to pass 25 filters(Quick/Action Filters) to get the countd(ID).

Is there any other better solution in terms of Data Model changes to address this performance. Appreciate it!