1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 10:40 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

How to get sum and growth/ decline for either last month and year in one table

kamal kumar

Hi ,

I am new to tableau and i am trying to achieve an objective which shows two columns 1st will show a specific month and next column in the dashboard will be the whole year. and i want to see the net fee for the particular month as well as year. suppose if the month taken in the dashboard is april  of 2017 then it should also show the growth/decline from  for same month in last year and same goes with the second column which is a year so if the year is 2017 the show the growth/ decline comparing with last year (2016). i am trying to achieve this but unable to do so.  i have attached the excel sheet and in the same sheet i have also prepared the table the way i want in tableau.

Could you please help me on the same. An early response from you guys will highly be appreciated.Place image

• 1. Re: How to get sum and growth/ decline for either last month and year in one table
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Kamal,

This question has gone without reply because usually forum community members are more likely to engage by assisting with questions that show what you have tried and where you are stuck rather than working with just data.  Could you show us what you have tried and where you are stuck?  Also, please be sure to let the community know what version of Tableau you are using.  It would be a shame for another member of the community to work to assist you and then for the workbook to be unable to be opened on your end because of the version discrepancy.

Getting Started in the Forums has some great resources for best practices and writing great and engaged posts. 

Regards,

Patrick