1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2018 5:05 PM by Ken Flerlage

How can I embed a dashboard made on Tableau Online to my website?

John Ariansen

Hi,

I'm doing some work for a nonprofit and they want to have a section of their website show the impact analysis I've conducted. I researched and come across this article: Embed Views into Webpages  but it doesn't address the fact that when I embed the dashboards it's asking for user login.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

-John David

• 1. Re: How can I embed a dashboard made on Tableau Online to my website?
          Ken Flerlage

Tableau Online has security in place such that only authenticated users may log onto it. Tableau Server has guest access (if you have the right licensing) which means you can make views available publicly. However, to my knowledge, this is not available in Tableau Online. Thus, when you embed, it will require people to authenticate first. If your goal is to embed vizzes such that they are available to the public then I'd strongly suggest using Tableau Public. Tableau Public is a free to use, publicly available instance of Tableau Server. I use it for all my personal projects and it embeds into my website quite easily.