5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 8:20 AM by Mavis Liu

Switching dates

rajesh.nomula.0

Hi,

I have two date fields, date1, date2. I am using a parameter to switch between the dates on my dashboard. But when i switch from date1 to date2 on the dashboard, the slider for that date is adjusting to a small range instead of displaying full range. This is dashboard to not show anything. I have to manually expand the the slider every time i switch the dates, don't want my user to be doing that. help please.

Regards,

rajScreen Shot 2018-06-19 at 2.44.51 PM.png

• 1. Re: Switching dates
          Mavis Liu

Hi Rajesh,

This is because you're using one field which is switching between two date fields within the calculation.

So this one calculated field covers both your date fields and whenever you set it as say 01/01/2017 as your order date, if you then switch it to shipping date, it will also try and find 01/01/2017. It always looks for the value you have selected. It will not reset the filter and find a new range, it will take the existing values selected and apply it.

So what I would advise doing is to reset the filter before selecting which date field you want in the parameter:

2018-06-20_10h16_37.png

So if your two date ranges are different, this reset option will be able to update accordingly.

Thanks,

Mavis

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Switching dates
            rajesh.nomula.0

Mavis,

Thank you for replying. My user don't want that "show all values" on the filter. Is there any other way to do this.

Regards,

Raj

• 3. Re: Switching dates
              Mavis Liu

Hi Raj,

Sorry what do you mean by they don't want the show all values on the filter? ]

This is just a hover over which only pops up when I click on the reset filter option.

Thanks,

Mavis

• 4. Re: Switching dates
                rajesh.nomula.0

Hi Mavi,

My user don't want funnel symbol to be displaying on the filters if he hovers. Is there any way the dates adjust automatically after switching.

Regards,

Raj

• 5. Re: Switching dates
                  Mavis Liu

Hi Raj,

Not to my knowledge no. You're essentially setting the filters and it's just passing through two different types of dates, but the values remain unchanged. So you have to tell Tableau to reset, it won't automatically do this.

Thanks,

Mavis