2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2018 11:18 AM by Hunter Branscome

Parameters/Calculated Fields to show Hospital Discharge Information for a certain area.

Hunter Branscome

Hello all.

I want to create a parameter that allows me/user to toggle between two views on a dashboard, and I need help creating a calculated field to make this possible.

The first view I would like to have is what's represented in the attached image. I want the second view to show information based on a specific zip code, so I can see patient origin for that zip code and drill down into information for facilities within that specified zip code. my idea is to have a parameter that would appear next to the filters in the top of the dashboard. I want it to be interactive so the user can switch between an "overall" market and "specific" market views.

Reddit 1.PNG

Let me know if I can answer any questions or be more clear in what it is that I want. I have attached the workbook. If there's a better way to achieve this effect I would be interested in learning that as well.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Parameters/Calculated Fields to show Hospital Discharge Information for a certain area.
          Jim Dehner

Hi Hunter

see the attached

see the d/b - sorry I messed up the format

but here is how the parameter and sheet swap work

first the parameter

Then a filter

on the part 1 sheet and part 2 sheet place the filter worksheet and set to True

on the Map set to False

then create the viz  _ didn't know where to place the tital and origin - you will have to add

Then you right click the Title ("header" on each sheet and hide it (that way it will disappear when we switch from detail to overall)

this is the overall view

this is the detail view

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Parameters/Calculated Fields to show Hospital Discharge Information for a certain area.
            Hunter Branscome

Hey Jim,

I'm afraid that's not what I'm looking for. But thank you for your efforts. I'll try and be more specific in what I'm asking.

I would like the parameter to toggle between two views:

• First view: Show all facilities (which are based on facility zip code in the data) - and have the heat map populate discharges by patient origin (represented by patient residential zip code in the data)
            • Second view: Show facilities within a single zip code that exists within the Facility Zip Code dimension, and have the map populate where these patients come from.

The goal is build a dashboard that can toggle between the two conditions and show the relevant information.