3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 8:56 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Compatibility Issues with Reader 2018 and Tableau 10.5

Teresa Wright

Recently I was migrated to Tableau Desktop 10.5 while some of my Tableau Reader users were upgraded to Tableau 2018.  My "Reader Users" are telling me they are having issues opening my workbooks.  Could their version of Reader be the cause?

Thanks for any suggestions!

• 1. Re: Compatibility Issues with Reader 2018 and Tableau 10.5
          Mavis Liu

Hi Teresa,

Was there an error message which popped up?

What version did you make your workbooks in, 10.5?

Thanks,

Mavis

• 2. Re: Compatibility Issues with Reader 2018 and Tableau 10.5
            Teresa Wright

My Tableau Reader users have to open Tableau, then click File>Open and navigate to the document.  With Reader 10.4, they were able to just click on the workbook where it was saved to a network folder.  Also users are experiencing issues trying to open j10.5 workbooks saved to a SharePoint site.  All my workbooks are 10.5.  When I was on Desktop 10.4, my users did not experience these issues.

Hope this helps!

• 3. Re: Compatibility Issues with Reader 2018 and Tableau 10.5
              Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Teresa,

First off, please open a support ticket if you have not already.

Next, could you provide a few more details.  I'm not clear from the post if the issue relates to 2018.1 Reader or to your 10.5 workbooks?   Could you clarify the situations where there are issues vs things work as desired?

a Matrix such as this would help support to better understand and replicate any issue.  Also, please share if the extracts are TDE or Hyper.  The more information provided to support the better.  I do not see any documented defects with Tableau Reader related to this. 

Desktop            Reader                  Opens as expected           TDE or Hyper

2018.1               2018.1                       ?                                             ?

10.5                   2018.1                       ?                                             ?

10.4                   2018.1                       ?                                             ?

Thank you

Patrick