3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 4:51 AM by Mavis Liu

Five Level Cascading Filters

nagaraju.mallavalli

Hi all,

I have a scenario, where i need to impose FIVE Level Cascading. I have followed the article @  https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/2013/08/12/cascading-quick-filters-in-tableau-2/

Here FIFTH Level filter is explained with a table calculated field (using LOOKUP), But the problem here is applying the same filter for all other sheets  in dashboard.

How can i apply this Fifth filter to all sheets as there will not be 'Apply to all worksheets' option.

• 1. Re: Five Level Cascading Filters
          Mavis Liu

Hi Nagaraju,

I'm not sure you can to be honest because Table Calculations are reliant on the worksheet it was built on. Table calculations are done on a viz level so you'd need a table calculation per worksheet, but then you'd have multiple table calculation filters. I don't believe you can have a table calculation filter apply to multiple sheets.

Thanks,

Mavis

• 2. Re: Five Level Cascading Filters
            nagaraju.mallavalli

Hi Mavis,

Thank you for your revert, I am also aware that we can't apply table calculation filters to other sheets but in my scenario i have to impose 5 level cascading and that filter should be common across all sheets in a dashboard..

Please suggest is there any work around

• 3. Re: Five Level Cascading Filters
              Mavis Liu

Hi Nagaraju,

Unfortunately not that I know of. The reason why they've used a table calculation is to force that filter to come AFTER the other filters based on Tableau's order of operations.

So it'll have to be a table calculation which you unfortunately cannot apply to other worksheets.

Thanks,

Mavis