3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2018 1:58 AM by Ciaran Bource

Tableau login slower in 10.5.2 installation

naveen.raj.4

Hi All,

We have upgraded our development environment from Tableau server 9.1 to tableau 10.5.2 around last month to test out the functionalities. After our upgrade we are seeing that the server performance has degraded during the login process. We are seeing a decrease in performance when we logging into tableau server when around 20 users have simultaneously logged in.

Is there any Tableau settings that i have to configure so that this issue can be resolved. We have already raised a support ticket, but we have not received any response till now. So wanted to know if anyone has faced this issue and resolved the same

Thanks,

Naveen

• 1. Re: Tableau login slower in 10.5.2 installation
          Ciaran Bource

Hi Naveen,

I can see that you case has been passed on to our Tier 2 team. I should be picked up shortly.

When assessing performance issues, a lot of troubleshooting will be required, so you have definitely done the right thing by opening a case with our support team.

How much slower did the login get ? There is a pretty big difference between the two and recommended specs have gone up. Newer products usually require better specs. Here are the specs recommended for Tableau Server, do you meet them all ?

Single computer
          • 8 physical cores, 2.0 GHz or higher CPU
          • 64-bit processor
          • 32 GB system memory
          • 50 GB minimum free disk space

It could also depend on the type of authentication you are using. Is it SAML, AD, Local ? Maybe try looking there.

This will definitely need to be checked with support but you can definitely look into the mentions above.

Ciaran

• 2. Re: Tableau login slower in 10.5.2 installation
            naveen.raj.4

Hi Ciaran,

We are having a distributed environment (1 primary and 2 worker) and meets the standards recommended for tableau server. The type authentication used is AD. You mentioned to look there. Can you please elaborate on these. We see slower login performance , i would ball park the range around 2 seconds slower. But it is noticeable.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3. Re: Tableau login slower in 10.5.2 installation
              Ciaran Bource

Hi Naveen,

I would try checking the incoming connections in the Active Directory logs to see if there are any redirections, or issues that might slow down the process.

You could also work with your network team in order to perform a network trace during the login process.

Than again, support here is the best option here.

Ciaran