Zimmer Biomet is looking for diverse and talented individuals to join our Information Technology Team. As a Lead Tableau Owner, you will help to drive the analytics transformation from traditional reporting to Data as a Service using Tableau at Zimmer Biomet. You will be the Subject Matter Expert for best practices and knowledge base around Tableau and Analytics roadmap to facilitate enterprise adoption and thereby support strategic and operational decision-making. You will be responsible for requirements analysis, design, development, and support of Tableau/Dashboard applications to drive Business Intelligence solutions for Zimmer Biomet business units. The position requires the candidate to have a broad business prospective, and be able to communicate at all levels in the organization. This individual must be passionate about solving problems, always looking for breakthrough ideas and collaborate with business stakeholders cross functional and multi-disciplinary teams to deliver business intelligence and analytics solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Define project plans to include schedule, cost estimates, work breakdown structures and resource plans, and lead the analysis of requirements through interactions with business users, subject matter experts and project team members.
• Manage the FTE and external consultants for delivery of projects and production support
• Own the platform(s), upgrades and maintenance
• Manage the team capacity and work with Vendors, Sourcing and IT Finance for SOWs
• Define Tableau strategy, roadmap and policies, and communication of the same in the organization
• Work with PMO and AMS to identify demand pipeline, and design and development of reliable, flexible, scalable and responsive BI solutions which are aligned with the global delivery strategy
• Provide cost estimates and chargebacks to Project Managers, IT Owners and Finance
• Manage relations with software vendors as well as consulting vendors; review Vendor performance
• Working interactions with various levels of management, BI stakeholders, Business Relationship managers, Business Analysts and Key users to identify and document reporting requirements
• Conducts applicable HR processes (e.g., succession planning, performance review, engagement action planning)
• Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise to the team and organization
• Develop custom dashboards and reports for business owners
• Work with BI Architect, SAP Technical Architect, BI onshore/offshore teams and other IS functional teams on solution designs, reporting strategy, end-to-end testing, and deployment
• Provide user training and documentation
• Assist with complex production issues and provide resolutions
• Learn, adopt, and practice the PMO and Global BI governance model and contribute as needed.
• Assist in planning and installation of Tableau Server, if needed.
• Perform Administration of the Tableau server
• Implement and document Tableau Server administration policies and best practices, including audit reports.
• Implement and document, policies and best practices around self-service, content migration and site administration
General Requirements at this level:
• Acts as change agent for critical change projects in the organization.
• If a people manager actively recruits, develops and retains IT individual contributor direct reports; facilitates career/professional development of direct reports.
• Manages department and/or project budgets.
• Builds and maintains an empowered and engaged team.
• Drives strategic initiatives, programs or projects.
• Anticipates and resolves issues/barriers to impeding progress.
• Conducts applicable HR processes (e.g., work plan development, training, performance review)
• Meets or exceeds customer requirements with respect to time, cost efficiency and business value.
• Ensures and/or develops appropriate methodologies, policies/procedures to deliver business solutions.
• Leads, influences, and negotiates to achieve business strategy; and delivers results for internal/external partners.
• Applies principles, concepts and practices of the IT Competency Model at the Manager level.
• Proactively enforces worldwide and local security policies to ensure IT information assets are protected.
Expected Areas of Competence
• Deep understanding of the data modeling, data warehousing, data lifecycle/retention and end-to-end BI solution architectures
• Extensive knowledge of data visualization techniques and visual design concepts using Tableau
• Work with business partners to gather requirements and create business documents based on customer's needs
• Design architect and create user friendly Tableau dashboards to address business needs
• Ability to understand complex organization’s data sets then use that information to design and develop user friendly reports based on business needs
• Presents analytical reports to clients and stakeholders
• Develop reusable modular templates, connected dashboards and self-service reporting
• Evaluate dashboard performance periodically and recommend ways to improve or enhance dashboard load/refresh times
• Leads cross function/segment group presentations to increase awareness and promote adoption of Tableau dashboards
• Implements best practices to ensure there are consistent standards for Tableau dashboards for best user experience(s) across all business groups
• Migration of existing applications and tuning according to new technology needs
• Project Methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, other iterative methodologies)
• Independent work in a highly collaborative environment with little or no oversight is preferred.
• Leadership of development projects and onshore/offshore team management
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; the ability to ask the right questions to help navigate through requirements
• Creativity and problem-solving; ability to dissect and approach business problem systematically
• Excellent written and verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to convey technology and business value propositions to mid-senior management
• Manage pressure/schedule to meet deadlines by understanding the importance of timeline, priorities and commitments.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required with at least 7+ years relative professional experience; OR Bachelor’s with Master’s degree in business, IT or related field with at least 5+ years relative professional experience
• Strong business acumen and be able to recognize problems and opportunities and provide value-added business solutions
• 3 or more years of medical devices or similar industry analytic experience (preferred)
• Prior experience using Tableau to design and develop dashboards
• Prior experience creating complex reports using Tableau
• Prior experience using Tableau Desktop for various organizational metrics and indicators using best practices and industry standards
• Strong problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
• Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
• Strong reporting skills using Excel, Access, Word and/or PowerPoint.
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff
• Good understanding of designing, developing and implementing data warehouse solutions
• Experience leading requirements analyses to understand BI and data requirements in detail
• Experience working independently and managing multiple task assignments
• Experience working effectively in a matrix organization and ambiguous work environment
• Experience in managing large complex BI projects and teams
• Strong functional experience in Supply chain, Finance, Sales, and HR
• Experience and understanding of Medical Device industry preferred
• Experience working with data from various ERP technologies is a plus
Less than 30%
Zimmer Biomet is an industry leader and driving force in the rapidly growing musculoskeletal healthcare industry. Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana; Zimmer Biomet has operations in more than 25 countries around the world and our products are sold in more than 100 countries. We collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Our products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, Zimmer Biomet Team Members are committed to help millions of people live better lives. At Zimmer Biomet, we foster a supportive and encouraging environment by leveraging the power of diversity and inclusion and inspire every Team Member to deliver their personal best.
Positions at Zimmer Biomet often require a high level of collaboration and cooperation with fellow Team Members in order to achieve our shared goals. Our professional Team Members do what it takes to get the job done well, and have flexibility to adjust their schedules as necessary for personal commitments. We have a supportive team ready to help you achieve your professional goals and plenty of opportunities to learn, stretch and grow your career.
As a world-class employer, Zimmer Biomet offers great benefits that include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare, Healthy Rewards Incentives; a 401K, Paid Parenting Leave, Paid Vacation and Holiday time off, Adoption Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program just to name a few.
Please apply online