9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2018 2:10 PM by Zac Boller

TabJolt errors with 2018.1.1: "Exception: com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Expected an int but was 19.75 at line 1 column 194"

Grant Eaton

I'm repeating a successful TabJolt run that worked perfectly with 10.3.3 to performance-validate 2018.1.1 with the same content. I've used tabadmin restore to put my 10.3.3 content into a 2018.1.1 test server, and refreshed all my extracts to update them to Hyper format. However, when I run TabJolt, instead of a perfect set of test results for that test run, I receive errors caused by a handful (but not all) of my tested workbooks. There are three types of errors I see in PerformanceViz.twb:

Reponse Code   Response Message          Test Name          Test Run Id         Count of id (jmeter_data)

600        Site: ServiceProviderBusiness; Workbook: SPBusiness360; View: SPBusiness360; IsPublic: false;  Exception: com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Expected an int but was 19.75 at line 1 column 194   View Viz Test 462        29

600        Site: ServiceProviderBusiness; Workbook: SPFinanceInsight; View: BookingsOverview; IsPublic: false;  Exception: com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Expected an int but was 14.818182 at line 1 column 228 View Viz Test      462 30

The third type of error has no response message - the workbook name is indicated, but no further information is displayed in PerformanceViz, as if the response message is null.

Could you give me some pointers about how to troubleshoot this? I have strong reason to believe this is a 2018.x issue, as the same backup, content, and TabJolt config worked perfectly in 10.3.3, and the server hardware is identical. The only thing that's changed is the underlying Tableau version. We are on Windows. I am able to view those workbooks manually with no issue.