1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2018 6:30 AM by Toby Erkson

I  have 400 users accessing the reports.Please let me whether we use single server or distributed

srinivas b

Hi All,

I Have 200 clients and 400 to 500 users accessing the dashboard. Currently we have tableau installed on the server with the

following configuration.

8-core

32GB-Ram

100Gb-Space

Please let me know that can I go with server or distributed environment. Please let me know what architecture do we need to follow.

Regards,

vasu

• 1. Re: I  have 400 users accessing the reports.Please let me whether we use single server or distributed
          Toby Erkson

You should talk with your sales representative, they will be able to ask the right questions and help you out more quickly.  "Clients" and "Users" is ambiguous here.  The real question is how many people will be accessing the server concurrently.  Even then, what is the caching scheme for TS?  What version of TS?  These questions and more are needed to help figure out what is required.

As a rule of thumb, you should have 8GB RAM per core, thus it's recommended that you have a total of 64GB RAM instead of 32GB.  Stick with a single server for now until you talk more with your Tableau sales/tech representative.

1 of 1 people found this helpful