4 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2018 7:21 AM by Matija Šmaguc

SETTING UP DYNAMIC TITLE THAT REFLECTS SELECTED VALUES FORM TWO DIFFERENT FILTERS

Matija Šmaguc
      CountryAudienceCoverageRegionData Type (original)Data Type (new)
      UK1950000InternationalEuropeOTTEstimated
      Spain 750000InternationalEuropeMeasuredMeasured
      Slovenia30000InternationalEuropeEstimatedEstimated
      France800000InternationalEuropeEstimatedEstimated
      Italy650000InternationalEuropeMeasuredMeasured
      Macedonia200000InternationalEuropeEstimatedMeasured
      Portugal 500000InternationalEuropeMeasuredMeasured
      USA2500000DomesticNorth AmericaOTTEstimated
      Brazil4000000InternationalLatin AmericaMeasuredMeasured
      Canada1000000DomesticNorth AmericaOTTEstimated

Hello everyone,

Can someone please help me to create a dynamic title that would change correctly depending what is chosen by the filter on the dashboard.

On dashboard we would have two filters, the first filter is Data Type (original) and the second filter is Coverage.

The title would look something like this ;

Summary by Region   –    International Coverage        –        Estimated Data

TEXT 1                                  TEXT 2                          TEXT 3

„Summary by Region“ or text 1 would be fixed text or text that would not be influenced by filters. I would need 2 filters on the dashboard, the first one

is Coverage, and this filter is always set to International Coverage@, the second – more problematic filter would be Data Type (original).  Data Type (original) has to be placed on the dashboard with options OTT, Estimated and Measured. The main problem for me is to make the calculation that would display the main title correctly if the user chooses multiple options for by filter Data Type (original).

Here are the possible options and how they would have to look in the main title.

Selected filters:

Option 1

Coverage – International

Data Type (original) – OTT

The title would have to look = Summary by Region – International Coverage – Estimated Data

Note* - OTT is actually Estimated Data also, so in the main title it can be renamed Estimated Data, but the main filter on the dashboard it has to have original name OTT.

Option 2

Coverage – International

Data Type (original) – OTT + Estimated

The title would have to look = Summary by Region – International Coverage – Estimated Data

Note* - Here we have multiple choice selected by the user in the filter (OTT + Estimated), the title should say “Estimated Data”.

Option 3

Coverage – International

Data Type (original) – Measured

The title would have to look = Summary by Region – International Coverage – Measured Data

Option 4

Coverage – International + Domestic

Data Type (original) – Measured + Estimated + OTT

The title would have to look = Summary by Region – All Coverage – All Data Types

Note* - Here we have the case when all values in two mentioned filters are selected.

If anyone can help me to set up this calculation, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: SETTING UP DYNAMIC TITLE THAT REFLECTS SELECTED VALUES FORM TWO DIFFERENT FILTERS
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Matija

Please find my solution attached. Below are results for your reference.

Hope this helps

ZZ

• 2. Re: SETTING UP DYNAMIC TITLE THAT REFLECTS SELECTED VALUES FORM TWO DIFFERENT FILTERS
            Mavis Liu

Hi Matija,

I've attached a workbook which may be useful for you. I've created two calculations which should hopefully give you the result you want.

2018-05-16_14h11_58.png

Thanks,

Mavis

• 3. Re: SETTING UP DYNAMIC TITLE THAT REFLECTS SELECTED VALUES FORM TWO DIFFERENT FILTERS
              Matija Šmaguc

Thanks very much for the fast response, very much thanks. I have tried the calculation, but have to say, some part is working ok, and some part is not. Perhaps I haven't explained everything in details. Data Type (original) and Coverage are the only two columns that we have in DB and what I can use, the column that I called Data Type (new) is only a small help regarding data type classification. So, OTT is estimated data or data set that is based on OTT estimation process, in general, this can be renamed and treated in the title as estimated data. The estimated data in filter 100 % base on estimated data.

I have counted 13 possible options for this dynamic title, and the title result that should we visible. If someone can build this type of calculation this would be great. As I said before, only use Data Type (original) and Coverage columns in building calculations, Data Type (new) cannot be used because this column is placed here just to simply you the Data Type (original) column, or just look below.

Data Type (original)

Estimated = Estimated Data

Measured = Measured Data

OTT = Estimated Data

Here are the all possible combinations that I would have to have in filtering.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 01

Coverage = International

Data Type (original) = OTT

Title result = Summary by Region – International Coverage – Estimated Data

Notification – OTT is Estimated Data also.

Option 02

Coverage = International

Data Type (original) = Estimated

Option 03

Coverage = International

Data Type (original) = OTT + Estimated

Option 04

Coverage = International

Data Type (original) = Measured

Title result = Summary by Region – International Coverage – Measured Data

Option 05

Coverage = International

Data Type (original) = OTT + Measured

Title result = Summary by Region – International Coverage – Measured & Estimated Data

Option 06

Coverage = International

Data Type (original) = Measured + Estimated + OTT (All options selected in filter)

Title result = Summary by Region – International Coverage – All Data Types

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 07

Coverage = International + Domestic (All options selected in filter)

Data Type (original) = Measured + Estimated + OTT (All options selected in filter)

Title result = Summary by Region – All Coverage – All Data Types

Option 08

Coverage = Domestic

Title result = Summary by Region – Domestic Coverage – Estimated Data

Option 09

Coverage = Domestic

Option 10

Coverage = Domestic

Option 11

Coverage = Domestic

Title result = Summary by Region – Domestic Coverage – Measured Data

Option 12

Coverage = Domestic

Title result = Summary by Region – Domestic Coverage – Measured & Estimated Data

Option 13

Coverage = Domestic

Title result = Summary by Region – Domestic Coverage – All Data Types

• 4. Re: SETTING UP DYNAMIC TITLE THAT REFLECTS SELECTED VALUES FORM TWO DIFFERENT FILTERS
                Matija Šmaguc

Thanks very much for the fast response, very much thanks. I have tried the calculation, but have to say, some part is working ok, and some part is not. Perhaps I haven't explained everything in details. Data Type (original) and Coverage are the only two columns that we have in DB and what I can use, the column that I called Data Type (new) is only a small help regarding data type classification. So, OTT is estimated data or data set that is based on OTT estimation process, in general, this can be renamed and treated in the title as estimated data. The estimated data in filter 100 % base on estimated data.

I have counted 13 possible options for this dynamic title, and the title result that should we visible. If someone can build this type of calculation this would be great. As I said before, only use Data Type (original) and Coverage columns in building calculations, Data Type (new) cannot be used because this column is placed here just to simply you the Data Type (original) column, or just look below.

Data Type (original)

Estimated = Estimated Data

Measured = Measured Data

OTT = Estimated Data

Here are the all possible combinations that I would have to have in filtering.

Option 01

Coverage = International

Option 02

Coverage = International

Option 03

Coverage = International

Option 04

Coverage = International

Title result = Summary by Region – International Coverage – Measured Data

Option 05

Coverage = International

Title result = Summary by Region – International Coverage – Measured & Estimated Data

Option 06

Coverage = International

Title result = Summary by Region – International Coverage – All Data Types

Option 07

Coverage = International + Domestic (All options selected in filter)

Title result = Summary by Region – All Coverage – All Data Types

Option 08

Coverage = Domestic

Option 09

Coverage = Domestic

Option 10

Coverage = Domestic

Option 11

Coverage = Domestic

Title result = Summary by Region – Domestic Coverage – Measured Data

Option 12

Coverage = Domestic

Title result = Summary by Region – Domestic Coverage – Measured & Estimated Data

Option 13

Coverage = Domestic

Title result = Summary by Region – Domestic Coverage – All Data Types