1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2018 6:28 AM by Okechukwu Ossai

Stored procedure used as source, shows no data when published onto Tableau serverHi

Apu S

Hi,

I am working on a dashboard with Stored Procedure as the data source. Works(data pull, actions, filters) fine on Desktop version.

But when the workbook is published on to the Tableau Server, sheets with Stored procedure as data source are blank and are not clickable as well.

Any idea what is the reason behind this abnormal behavior?

NOTE: No parameter is used in the stored procedure.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Stored procedure used as source, shows no data when published onto Tableau serverHi
          Okechukwu Ossai

I don't know exactly what is causing the problem. Are you connecting Tableau directly to this stored procedure? Tableau would normally execute a stored procedure and insert the data into a temporary table in the data server. It's possible for things to go wrong at this stage. Maybe you should contact Tableau Support.

My suggestion will be to run the stored procedure in your SQL database and populate an actual database table with the SP results. You can then connect Tableau to that table. This will make it very efficient and you can easily go check the physical table when troubleshooting issues of this nature.

Hope this helps.

Ossai