10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2018 7:57 AM by kunal.dongre.0

Unable to install Tableau Server

kunal.dongre.0

Hello Tableau Experts

I am facing an issue while installing Tableau Server 10.5 (I also tried installing Tableau Server 10.4.6 since 10.5 won't install, however both are failing).

The configuration that I tried installing the server is as follows.

r4.4xlarge (4xlarge (Windows 2012 R2 64 bit / 8 core / 16 vCPU / 122 GB RAM / 100 GB C: /400 GB D:)  - Disabled the EnableLUA, and then tried to install Tableau Server 10.5 (also 10.4.6 as well) on D: drive logged in as Administrator, however the server installation kept failing because of "Unable to run nested installer" error.

m4.4xlarge (4xlarge (Windows 2012 R2 64 bit / 8 core / 16 vCPU / 64 GB RAM / 100 GB C: / 300 GB D:) - Disabled the EnableLUA, and then tried to install Tableau Server 10.5 (also 10.4.6 as well) on D: drive logged in as Administrator, however the server installation kept failing because of "Unable to run nested installer" error.

I have checked all the permissions on each drive, each folder etc under "Administrators" and "User" groups and all of them are correctly set.

I have also verified the domain groups, security groups and there is no issue.

I am having a hard time understanding what the root cause is! Any inputs are much appreciated!

Thanks!