4 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2018 3:48 AM by Rico de Feijter

Filter -> apply to worksheets -> All using this datasource not behaving as it should

Rico de Feijter

I have the following sheet, which contains an AmountGV total and a POSTING_DATE filter:

I want to apply the same filter on the following sheet where I am using a field from the above datasource in a calculation:

The calculation looks as follows:

As you can see I am referring to [datasource].[field].

As said before I want to use the same POSTING_DATE filter from the first sheet to populate the amount that corresponds to the given date range in the second sheet. However, when I move the slider in the first sheet, nothing happens in the second sheet and thus the amount shown in calculation1 remains the same. I think this is strange as the filter should apply to all worksheets that use the same datasource (denoted by the sign). The strange thing is also when I set the POSTING_DATE filter in the first sheet to a different date range, and subsequently change POSTING_DATE -> apply to worksheets -> All using this datasource, to, POSTING_DATE -> apply to worksheets -> All using related data sources, and then back to, POSTING_DATE -> apply to worksheets -> All using this datasource, Calculation1 updates to the amount that corresponds to the latest given date range. However, when I then change the filter dynamically on sheet 1 nothing happens on sheet 2 which causes me  to walktrhough the aforementioned process to let the date range change have an effect.

Unfortunately I cannot attach the concerned workbook, as a lot of confidential information is contained in it.

Hopefully the story above is clear enough so that you can still help me out.