2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2018 11:12 PM by pavan kumar

Tableau public, Tableau online, or something else

Mikey Michaels

Hi All,

I hope this message finds everyone well.

I have created a nice visual for a professional business group I'm apart of, and I have run into an issue.

Not everyone in my professional group is from my same company and some have limited tech skills.

I want to publish my viz in the most simple way - dont want to have each member download software, setup an account, etc.

Is this possible? If so, how can I go about published.

My company has tableau server however we obviously cannot grant access to member outside the company.

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Tableau public, Tableau online, or something else
          Peter Fakan

Hi Mikey,

Could you clarify your question please ?

Specifically these bits - 'Not everyone in my professional group is from my same company' and 'we obviously cannot grant access to member outside the company'

You also appear to be ruling out Tableau Reader, although this is an easy install. By 'limited tech skills' are you referring to 'other organisations corporate security settings not allowing them to install products' by any chance ? - more info needed.

I'm thinking Tableau Server though. We have a number of setups through our Public server, such as public view enabled, access with passwords, access without passwords, downloadable, not downloadable etc to suit the different variations of access we need to provide our users which includes internal staff.

HTH

Peter

• 2. Re: Tableau public, Tableau online, or something else
            pavan kumar

Hi,

If the data is not sensitive information use the tableau public and publish the visualization. Every one can access you can control even if they can download the work book or not?

You may check the below link .

Free Data Visualization Software | Tableau Public