2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2018 1:31 AM by aditya janapala

Finding Average within LOD

aditya janapala

can someone please make me understand to find averages which is the ideal formula for what purpose ?

AverageInsideLOD: {INCLUDE [Sub-Category] : AVG([Sales])}

AverageOutsideLOD : AVG({INCLUDE [Sub-Category] : SUM([Sales])})

AverageRightClickLOD: ({INCLUDE [Sub-Category] : SUM([Sales])}) , right click and do average from measure pill

And second being  my dimensions on view

1. dimensions i want to use in view is category, which is at higher level of aggregation?

Finally ,

in the same way , what  if i use Fixed now to the formula above , which is the ideal way to calculate the average?

• 1. Re: Finding Average within LOD
          Deepak Rai

{FIXED Category:AVG(Sales)} Would give you average across different categories

{FIXED Category, Subcategory:Avg(Sales)} would avg across Subcategory with in category

{FIXED:AVG(Sales)} Or just {AVG(sales)} would average entire dataset

Thanks

Deepak

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Finding Average within LOD
            aditya janapala

Thanks much,

{FIXED Category, Subcategory:Avg(Sales)} is same  as {INCLUDE [Sub-Category] : AVG([Sales])}? , i know it depends on the dimension in view. my views has category has view dimension

can you add more light on what my formulas will work for Include? and which one above will give me the right average for Include formula

AverageInsideLOD: {INCLUDE [Sub-Category] : AVG([Sales])}

AverageOutsideLOD : AVG({INCLUDE [Sub-Category] : SUM([Sales])})

AverageRightClickLOD: ({INCLUDE [Sub-Category] : SUM([Sales])}) , right click and do average from measure pill