3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2018 8:09 AM by nikher verma

Creating Show Filter Template

Darko Nikolic

Hi everyone,

this is my first post on Tableau community... hopefully I will be able to contribute in the future...

Very specific questions, each time I add (show filter!) to my dashboard, I get the default setup of the filter card, which is for example all the countries with the checkbox, slider, etc...

Then I have to make three estetic changes:

(1) Select "Multiple Value Dropdown"

(2) Select "Customize" -> "Show Apply Button"

(3) Select "Only Relevant Values"

This is a type of filter that my team likes, and so far I would guess I added at least 100 of these filters to various dashboards which takes a lot of time to setup from default... (at least 600 clicks for 100 filters...)

Is there a way I can setup a template of the default filter card with three settings above to appear when I click show filter?

Thank you everyone!

Darko

• 1. Re: Creating Show Filter Template
          nikher verma

Hi Darko Nikolic ,

Yes you can apply the same filter to selected worksheets or you have  different options as well.

-Nikher Verma

Please mark it right and helpful if this serves your purpose ,so that others can also get benefited .

• 2. Re: Creating Show Filter Template
            Darko Nikolic

Thanks Nikher...!

I understand the concept of applying filters to different sheets, the thing here is about formatting filter card... by default when you click show filter you get this setting:

1.   Multiple Values (List)

2.  All Values in Database

looks like this...

I want a different template of filter to apply each time I click show filter, like this:

1. Multiple Values (dropdown)

2. Only Relevant Values

to look like this...

Thank you!

Darko

• 3. Re: Creating Show Filter Template
              nikher verma

Hi Darko Nikolic ,

It seems you missed something , why do you want to show this filter in all other sheets ? The reason why we are using "Apply to worksheets " is that we want to control this filter option from anyone of the sheets .

i.e. If you will select a particular year on any sheet ,in all other sheets that same year will be selected .When you want to filter next year just select any year you want to and you will be selecting that same year in all other sheets .

Please check this functionality .

-Nikher Verma

Please mark it right and helpful if this serves your purpose ,so that others can also get benefited .