4 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2018 8:17 AM by Deborah Auer

calculation help

Deborah Auer

tableau 10.4

I am trying to accomplish the calculation for column G in the excel attachment.

In short, it is the count of all closed NCRs for the specified NCR Create date (regardless if open in the NCR Create Date)

Jan-2017 is a good example.  NCR may have been open in Oct, Nov or Dec.  I need the count of NCRs that were closed in Jan no matter when they were open.  No problem if I use Month Closed in Columns, but I need Month Created in Columns, so I can use the Calc field in other calcs.

also, ultimately I need to create a chart using column I in excel for a chart of "Report Month Closure Rate"

FYI please use the Hierarchies for dates instead of the date fields.  I created the hierarchies because the data is massive and refreshes daily and I needed a way to set the FY without having to edit daily.

Hope you can help.

• 1. Re: calculation help
          Shinichiro Murakami

HI Doborar,

When you need to filter both start and end, you need to pivot data source.

From edit data source

and so on...

For year and quarter, I think you may be able to use Tableau's FY function, but totally not sure and that's different topic.

Thanks,

Shin

• 2. Re: calculation help
            Deborah Auer

Thank you for your help but I am totally confused.  I don't need help with the FY calculation.  I have that, and must use what I have because my data is massive and is refreshed daily from a server that I do not have access to.  When refreshed it remove the tableau FY.

Now for my real issue.  I am trying to duplicate column G and column I in excel while keeping the Tableau column set to FY Created and Month Created.

If this is what you sent me, my apologies, but I don't see the results.

Thanks,

• 3. Re: calculation help
              Shinichiro Murakami

Hi Deborah

Sorry I don't understand what is your issue.

Could you illustrate something.

Thanks,

Shin

• 4. Re: calculation help
                Deborah Auer

Issue 1.  In the excel attachment, I need a calculation to give me the results of column G.  While the column area in Tableau has FY Created and Month Created as in Sheet1.

Issue two.  a chart that has the same results that I am showing in excel column I.

This is the ultimate goal.  But in excel I need the calc from column G to create a calc for column I.

Hope this explains it.  I just want tableau to do the same calcs as I have in excel.