3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2018 1:57 AM by kumar bharat

Data Source Refresh

muhammad muhib

Hi folks need your precious suggestion regrading the automation of the process of data source refresh.

Our scenario.

TABLEAU DESKTOP 10.5

DATABASE  :ORACLE 11g XE

TABLEAU ONLINE

Our database is hosted on a 3rd party database cloud hosting ,we don't have access to the database machine we just have a link(url) and database credentials of schema .

I have installed TABLEAU DESKTOP in my office laptop on which is used as a development machine. I have made a  live data source connection to my Database . I published  workbook along with the embed data source inside the workbook to Tableau online from that laptop everything  works fine but the problem is that i have to manually update the data source  in TABLEAU DESKTOP then re-publish it to TABLEAU online by over writing  the existing workbook on TABLEAU online. It's a time taking task as data increases over time .

All i want to do is to automate the whole process.

I cannot install tableau  bridge as i don't have access to my Database machine.

I heard about some enhancement in  TABLEAU 2018.1  relating to tableau Bridge.

TIA

Hope someone will help me regrading this as previously developers  helped me on various issues.