3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2018 2:41 PM by Wesley Magee

Getting Refunds/orers returns from customers and compare/subtract from from original sales

Dinu Pd

Trying to get "list  of  order  returned  from  customers  and  compare  it  to  the original  sales",  using 'Global super store_2016' data set.How to subtract original sales to returned ones,based on ORDER ID common column between RETURNS and ORDERS.Appreciated, any help?

• 1. Re: Getting Refunds/orers returns from customers and compare/subtract from from original sales
          Wesley Magee

Dinu,

Could you clarify what you're looking for?

The data provided allows you to do a left join for Returns on to Orders using Order ID. This identifies what orders were returned. You can see the amount for the returned orders by

• Dragging Order ID to the Rows Shelf
          • Drag Sales to the Columns Shelf
          • Draft Returned to the Filters shelf and set it to "Yes"

That will give you the Sales value (return value) of all of the returns.

Did I misunderstand the question?

-Wesley

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Getting Refunds/orers returns from customers and compare/subtract from from original sales
            Dinu Pd

Hi Wesley,

Thanks for the solution and I did the same and I got it.

For the continuation of the same , I sorted the visualization in ascending order in terms of returned order, and I am trying to MAP Top 10 countries in term of refunds.

For that I took 'return_order ID's(same viz) as one set before adding the sales into my columns ,and I created one more set for top 10 countries but I am unable to combine sets, because no common column between them.

I tried another way as, I took same filter(Returned,'Yes') for another worksheet and I added another country filter as 'Top 10 country' in filter shelf and I added my returned filter in to context.I didn't get it.Is there any other way to get this using LOD calculation.

My goal is to:

1) Map top 10 countries, with most of the refunds.

2) Predict the returned sale with lowest and actual forecast of the data.

Could you please help on this.

-Dinu

• 3. Re: Getting Refunds/orers returns from customers and compare/subtract from from original sales
              Wesley Magee

Dinu,

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.

Please post your new question, feel free to tag me in it, and I'd be happy to help resolve your next issue.

Thank you,

-Wesley