3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 11:21 AM by Toby Erkson

Question about publisher role

kate summer

Hi,

Can publisher role be enabled for a user for a specific project folder on a site? That means that user with a publisher role can publish to only one folder and is an interactor in all the other folders on the site. Is this possible to setup?

Thank you,

Kate

• 1. Re: Question about publisher role
          Toby Erkson

To answer your question as I understand it:  No.

If they have the Site role of Publisher then it will be up to the Project content permissions to deny the user publishing capabilities. You could do this on the Default project and thus every new Project thereafter will deny them the ability to publish unless the admin or Project Leader changes their permissions in that new Project.

FYI as this confuses all of my Project Leaders:

In order for a User to publish content they must have the Site role of Publisher as Interactor and Viewer will not work even if the Project content permissions have allowed publishing.  The Project content permissions simply allow a User to publish, or not, if they have the Publisher role

• 2. Re: Question about publisher role
            kate summer

From what you describe, it seems I (as a server adm) can set up that user as publisher, then customize his publisher role to the interactor level on all the project content folders except one project?? In that one project, that user has full publisher role.

Is there a way for a server admin to test what the user can do? I don't have user account password.

• 3. Re: Question about publisher role
              Toby Erkson

Not exactly.

You can set them up as Publisher.  You then customize the permissions in each and every Project to deny that specific User publishing capabilities, except in the one Project where you want them to actually have the ability to publish.

Example:  You don't want them to be able to publish so you would set the Save permission to Deny for that User.

kate summer wrote:

Is there a way for a server admin to test what the user can do? I don't have user account password.

No unless the person testing has the User's username & password.  However, you can check the effective [final] permissions by typing in their name and looking at the chart below in the Project's content permissions window: