2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2018 7:31 AM by Stephen Groff

Cannot Mix Aggregate & Non-Aggregate comparisons - help

Stephen Groff

I have a valid calc that tells me how many machines I have built:  MACHINES (measure)

COUNTD(

IF ([Product Family]='ACOM' OR [Product Family]='SCOM' OR [Product Family]='LAP' OR [Product Family]='RM' OR [Product Family]='SCRD')

AND ([FA ID]='400' OR [FA ID]='450')

AND [Prototype]='N'

AND [EXT_CPY_STAT]<>'D'

AND [Serial Prefix]<>'BOE'

THEN [Serial #]

ELSE NULL

END

)

I have a valid calc that tells me how many defects on the assembly line there have been: DEFECTS (measure)

COUNT(

IF ISNULL([Disposition])

AND [Prototype]='N'

AND [EXT_CPY_STAT]<>'D'

AND ([Product Family]='ACOM' OR [Product Family]='SCOM' OR [Product Family]='LAP' OR [Product Family]='RM' OR [Product Family]='SCRD')

AND [CA ID]<>'0_DEFECTS'

AND NOT STARTSWITH([Event Desc],'0') AND NOT CONTAINS([Event Desc],'defects')

AND [FA ID]<>'501' AND [FA ID]<>'525' AND [FA ID]<>'600' AND [FA ID]<>'700' AND [FA ID]<>'701' AND [FA ID]<>'702' AND [FA ID]<>'703' AND [FA ID]<>'704' AND [FA ID]<>'705' AND [FA ID]<>'706' AND [FA ID]<>'800' AND [FA ID]<>'900'

AND [Q/V]='Q'

THEN [Event #]

ELSE NULL

END

)

Using this information, I need to find out which machines did not have a defect in a certain quality check ([FA ID] '400' & '450') but I have no idea how to do this.

In Excel I would simply =Calculate(Countrows(Defects),Defects[Found Area ID]="400", Defects[Found Area ID]="450")

How do I do this in Tableau?

My current thinking is telling me to do an IF statement, but I'm just guessing....

Count(

IF [FA ID]='400' OR [FA ID]='450'

THEN [Machines]

ELSE NULL

END

)

I would attach the file, but Corporate IT Security prevents me from giving you guys anything to look at.  Thanks all

• 1. Re: Cannot Mix Aggregate & Non-Aggregate comparisons - help
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Stephen

You can use your logic for defect but without count() as flag for defect

IF ISNULL([Disposition])

AND [Prototype]='N'

AND [EXT_CPY_STAT]<>'D'

AND ([Product Family]='ACOM' OR [Product Family]='SCOM' OR [Product Family]='LAP' OR [Product Family]='RM' OR [Product Family]='SCRD')

AND [CA ID]<>'0_DEFECTS'

AND NOT STARTSWITH([Event Desc],'0') AND NOT CONTAINS([Event Desc],'defects')

AND [FA ID]<>'501' AND [FA ID]<>'525' AND [FA ID]<>'600' AND [FA ID]<>'700' AND [FA ID]<>'701' AND [FA ID]<>'702' AND [FA ID]<>'703' AND [FA ID]<>'704' AND [FA ID]<>'705' AND [FA ID]<>'706' AND [FA ID]<>'800' AND [FA ID]<>'900'

AND [Q/V]='Q'

THEN [Event #]

ELSE NULL

END

and then use your logic for machine to flag the machine as well

IF ([Product Family]='ACOM' OR [Product Family]='SCOM' OR [Product Family]='LAP' OR [Product Family]='RM' OR [Product Family]='SCRD')

AND ([FA ID]='400' OR [FA ID]='450')

AND [Prototype]='N'

AND [EXT_CPY_STAT]<>'D'

AND [Serial Prefix]<>'BOE'

THEN [Serial #]

ELSE NULL

END

And then you can create something like

If Not  isnull([machine flag]) and isnull(defect flag) then [machine flag] end

ZZ

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Cannot Mix Aggregate & Non-Aggregate comparisons - help
            Stephen Groff

ZZ - Thanks for the reply.   I'm trying to understand the purpose of your solution, I was hoping you could spell it out for me...

I believe I got rid of the COUNT on both the Machines and Defects calcs as to avoid the "cannot mix aggregate and non-aggregate comparisons" error.  My results were the exact same as they would've been if I had left the 'COUNT' in the function.  That I can understand.

But I'm still unsure I understand the following solution:

If Not  isnull([machine flag]) and isnull(defect flag) then [machine flag] end

I understand your calculation as:

iF MACHINE ISN'T NULL BUT THE DEFECT IS, THEN COUNT IT. ELSE IGNORE IT

What I'm trying to determine in my head:

USE [machine flag] to search in [defect flag]

IF it finds [machine flag] in [defect flag] and within [defect flag] that defect was found in [fa id]='400' OR '450'

then DEFECT found at Quality Area

else NO DEFECT FOUND

END

Ultimately I am trying to find the # of defect free machines in [FA ID}='400' OR '450

1 of 1 people found this helpful