5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2018 10:20 AM by Carrie Atwood

Diverging color help

Carrie Atwood

I am using diverging color Red-Green-Gold to show % of goal achieved.  I have it set as 5 steps, with a start of 0, and an end of 1 (100%).  I have my center set at .75 because I don't want the color to start turning green until this point.

What I would like to see is that any bars at or above 100% would be the darkest green since the goal is achieved.  But instead I am seeing the bar with the highest value show as the darkest green, and then others that are at or over 100% but lower than that highest bar a lighter green.

I expect to see bars between .75 and 1 to be green-sh, but I am also expecting everything at or above 1 to be the darkest green.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Diverging color help
          Martin Dunleavy

Please post sample workbook so we can see what you are currently working with.

• 2. Re: Diverging color help
            Jim Dehner

Hi Carrie

Don;t know how to do it automatically but if you are using 5 steps you can create a color code like this

and apply that to the color tile

then edit the color

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Diverging color help
              nikher verma

Hi Carrie Atwood ,

It would be really great if you would have added a twbx file but as I was working on something like this ,I have created one .

Let me explain it .

it starts with 0 and ends at 10,000 ,even though we have values greater than 10k (same condition as yours ).

As its a 5- stepped color data band , the dark green will appear for all values greater than 8k .

0 - 2k                             ::1st Color

2k-4k                             ::2nd Color

4k-6k                             ::3rd Color

6k-8k                             ::4th color

anything above 8k         ::5th Color

Hope this will solve your problem .

-Nikher Verma

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Diverging color help
                Carrie Atwood

Thanks - this worked, although not something I would like to do every time.  But in a pinch, I will remember it!

• 5. Re: Diverging color help
                  Carrie Atwood

This was helpful as well.  If I make my upper limit at 1.2 it appears to show how I would like it although I need to figure out the best place for "center" since I don't want it at the actual center throws it off again.