Greetings Tableau Community!
My company has an opening for a Tableau Lead - and I am hoping you'd help us get the word out about this incredible opportunity!
My team has been supporting the Tableau Community at iHeartMedia since our enterprise-wide launch in April 2016, and we are ready to ramp up our engagement here with so many interesting projects and initiatives underway.
So this position has been created. Job Description is below; along with URL to apply. Any referrals or recommendations are welcome. Thank you so much!
Linda Brewster Meffert
Director: Business Information Systems
As a Senior Business Information Systems Analyst, you will be an integral part of the Decision Support Systems Team within the IT Department, creating and supporting data visualizations and reporting/analytics for a variety of internal business stakeholders such as Finance, Accounting, Sales, Programming, and Research teams.
You will have extensive expert-level experience utilizing Tableau to create visualizations, sourcing data from multiple sources and leveraging the features of Tableau to continuously enhance the value, effectiveness, and efficiency of the reporting/analytics platform at iHeartMedia. You will have a passion for using data to facilitate stakeholders’ decision-making to be more effective and efficient. You will have experience with other data, reporting, analytics and reporting tools/systems.
As a Senior Business Information Systems Analyst, your responsibilities are to:
- Develop quick prototypes in Tableau using local datasets while working in parallel with data integration initiatives for data automation.
- Triage incoming technical support cases from business stakeholders, IT Teams, and system-generated alerts – from a variety of business intelligence products, including Tableau and Cognos. Ability to quickly assess and determine best approach/timing to resolve. Proactive approach to prevent support cases and ensure stable system environments.
- Collect and assemble requirements for new visualizations from stakeholders, coordinating with other IT technical teams to design the best approach, tools, and processes to most effectively meet the requirements.
- Apply your solid understanding of metadata concepts, data warehousing, data mart models, structured and unstructured data, dimensional models or cubes, various forms of ETL for reporting, and automating system integrations – to craft applicable process improvements.
- Methodically and efficiently synthesize large volumes of information from diverse sources to compile data and metrics, prepare quantitative and qualitative reports and present concepts, ideas, etc. for presentation to peers and stakeholders.
- Document business requirements, prepare User Stories accordingly and provide scoping; working closely with system/product managers and other IT teams to coordinate efforts.
- Articulate complex concepts and issues in clear terms, including documenting As-Is/current state and To-Be/future state requirements, data/work-flow and process recommendations - using different forms of representation narratives, value stream maps, flow charts, etc.
- Recommend and implement best practices in the application of statistical models and creation of data visualizations that distill complex data into accessible, non-technical, and actionable insights.
- Identify key success metrics and provide solutions to ensure efficient monitoring of these metrics is available.
- Anticipate and communicate ramifications of decisions and issues to product managers, including application/process profitability analysis.
- Lead functional testing and validations, including writing test cases, recording expected / actual results.
- Create/update design and functional documentation according to team/system standards.
- Ensure knowledge is properly transferred to support teams and ongoing maintenance of deliverables is efficient.
- Recommend and implement data governance policies, templates and adoption/compliance approaches.
- Troubleshoot issues with performance of Tableau visualizations, recommending and applying resolutions.
- Participate in agile processes of sprints, scrums, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Able to provide after-hours support, on a rotating/on-demand basis.
As a Senior Business Information Systems Analyst, your skills include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Can start and stop adeptly, shifting to other projects, initiatives, and tasks, as business priorities shift.
- Excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritize deliverables and work under pressure and tight deadlines with accuracy and professionalism.
- Self-motivated. Results oriented. “Can do”/”Get it done” attitude. Ability to work independently, and strong desire to overcome challenges.
- Strong skills in teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to build trusting relationships by using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Detailed oriented – with strong attention to accuracy and creative problem solving.
- Create and utilize checklists and tracking tools to ensure routine deliverables achieved.
- Proven experience delivering software on time and within budget.
- Ability to establish a data-driven culture and a repeatable, structured and disciplined approach to the full application development lifecycle, and production support.
- Consistently demonstrate aptitude in quickly learning new features and new software.
- Strong sense of curiosity relative to leveraging technology to drive business solutions; propose “art-of-what-is-possible”.
- Enjoy training and mentoring other Business Intelligence Analysts, IT team members, and Business Users.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure.
- 4+ years of experience in a business analytics and reporting role
- 3+ years of experience in Tableau – creating visualizations to meet business requirements
- 2+ years in finance or sales operations
- Demonstrated ability to provide Production Support for Tableau
- High level knowledge of SQL and reporting/data-aggregation techniques
- Skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with production support and/or creating content within: Cognos Business Intelligence/Analytics, Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics, Cognos Analytics for Excel (CAFÉ)/Cognos Planning Analytics for Excel (PAx), Perspectives.
- Experience in Budgets, Forecasts, Financial Reporting, Master Data Management, Hierarchies, Customer Data.
- Completed Tableau Training courses (specifically Tableau Desktop I and II and III, Visual Analytics, etc.)
- Certifications in Tableau Desktop and/or Cognos
- Experience with Statistical Analysis and predictive modeling
- Experience in agile software development processes (SCRUM, Kanban) and related tools (preferably Jira / Confluence)
- Experience in Media & Entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, related field and/or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced degree a plus.
iHeartMedia: The Company
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services for local communities and providing premier opportunities for advertisers. We focus on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment content and events for listeners and users.
With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S., 97 million monthly digital unique and 196 million monthly consumers of its Total Traffic and Weather Network, iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. We serve over 150 markets through 858 owned radio stations, as well as offering music research services and independent media representation. Our radio stations and content can be enjoyed on AM/FM, HD digital radio satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and our radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones and on gaming consoles.
Our free digital radio service, iHeartRadio, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; we reached the first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service and even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. We leverage our multi-platform assets, as well as our vast infrastructure and relationships, to create one-of-a-kind events like the iHeartRadio Music Festival, innovative national and local promotions, and ground-breaking technology products to help our customer achieve their advertising and marketing goals.
San Antonio, TX: 20880 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, ***, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx