5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2018 2:09 PM by Adam Gaddis

Need major help with creating this calculated field

Adam Gaddis

If you go to the work sheet titled " PickList By Element" you will see some crazy stuff going on over there. I have a calculated field titled "PickList By Scoring elements" I know illl work on the naming). What i have done is basically multiply a parameter i created for each scoring objective to its actual measure so i can change the weight and affect what team pops on our list depending on how my coach is feeling. the list has worked great for a while, but we have recently implemented a new data set refereed to as "Cycles". My coach is wanting me to do the same thing with cycles times. i Have been having problems mixing AVG and MIN and making it to where the smaller the cycle the higher, or better position that team should have on the lidt. I know this is a really horrible explanation, so if you need any additional information don't hesitate to tell me please. By the way using 10.5.

• 1. Re: Need major help with creating this calculated field
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

Cool book - and pretty complex -

Just a thought - if I understand your issue you want to essentially invert the scale so that shorter cycles are better than longer cycles

have you considered inverting your parameter(s) as shown below - keep the display value as it is but invert the Value to start at the max and decrease as the display value increases?

you can load it from a clipboard

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Need major help with creating this calculated field
            Adam Gaddis

First of all thank you for responding, and i apologize for such a late response. You have solved one of the problems, but the one that is still giving me a bring problem is how to implement it in my calculated field. I have tried "RUNNING_MIN(AVG(cycle.......))" And another multitude but nothing is giving me what i need

• 3. Re: Need major help with creating this calculated field
              Jim Dehner

sorry didn't get that from your post - please explain what it is you are trying to accomplish -

what is the expected result?

Jim

• 4. Re: Need major help with creating this calculated field
                Jim Dehner

if the lower chart what you wanted

that is this

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 5. Re: Need major help with creating this calculated field
                  Adam Gaddis

Again sorry if i'm not explaining what i'm looking for properly, i will try my best on this time to put everything clearly. when you look inside the picklist calculation you see that every parameter is multiplied to its actual measure. Now in this work book we are using to separate data sources( cycle data and Match data) when you go into cycle data you will see the measure good cycle time which is also another calculated field that is only accepting valid cycles. In the overall picklist calculation i'm am trying to multiple that Good Cycle Time to its parameter so i can give it a weight on the picklist. Now while i can do that no problem the issue that i am encountering is making sure that it is weighted by how short the cycle time is, with the shorter the cycle being better. for an example if i put all parameters to zero and cycle to 1 then the team with the shortest average cycle time should be at the top of my list. i hope that was a better explanation, and again thank you for continuing to try and help me.