3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 7:09 AM by Jim Dehner

User Filtr

wiem bekir

Hello Guys,

I created a parameter Report Type based on a column Offer Name

Report Type contains 3 options CAB , Nessma, CA

I would like to create a user filtr based on this parameter, is that possible ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: User Filtr
          Jim Dehner

Good morning - sure that is possible

have you tried           [Offer Name] = [Report Type]

this will create a T/F filter - drag it to the filter shelf and set to True

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: User Filtr
            wiem bekir

I wanna add a condition like this if user =x then only values related to offer name nessma will appear

is that possible ?

• 3. Re: User Filtr
              Jim Dehner

you sound like you want to do 2 things - one related to Report Type  and the Other related to user name

you can do it with 2 parameters - the first as show before and the second would be    USERNAME()=[user name parameter] where user name is a Tableau function

or if the user x has data only in nessma you would only need the user filter above tied to a user name parameter

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.