2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 10:59 PM by Marius Holden

Creating an interactive map

Marius Holden

Hallo all, I am new to Tableau and I am trying to create a map showing some European states with the possibility by clicking to one of these states  to move to a single map of it. My model is a map made by Ivan Verano Colombia Congress Map | Tableau Public

I could identify some feature of this map but my problem is to find a way to getting back from the single state map to the general map. To many of you this problem will sound elementary to solve but I did not find a technique to build such a map.

Many thanks

Marius Holden

• 1. Re: Creating an interactive map
          jack gervais

From Andy Cotgreave in how to automatic zoom in to the selected point in map:

Maps should, in their default behaviour, zoom to filtered data marks. If not, it's probably because somewhere along the line while you developed the view, you'll have manually set the axis, either by zooming manually or resizing the worksheet. Have a look at the attached for a dashboard with both types of map on it.

To clear the axes, hover over the map, and look at the zoom controls that appear. If the map pin is blue, then click it to reset it to auto zoom. Also try the menu option: Worksheet...Clear...Manual Sizing

I found the information above in a previous post about this same issue. If helps please mark it Helpful or Correct to assist other users in finding this solution.

Hope that helps!

Jack

• 2. Re: Creating an interactive map
            Marius Holden

Many thanks for your advice, I will work along these lines.CheersMarius

To: Marius Holden <mariusholden@yahoo.co.uk>

Sent: Thursday, 12 April 2018, 1:47

Subject: Re:  - Creating an interactive map

#yiv4593935567 * #yiv4593935567 a #yiv4593935567 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv4593935567 #yiv4593935567 h1, #yiv4593935567 h2, #yiv4593935567 h3, #yiv4593935567 h4, #yiv4593935567 h5, #yiv4593935567 h6, #yiv4593935567 p, #yiv4593935567 hr {}#yiv4593935567 .yiv4593935567button td {}

|

Tableau Community 

|

Creating an interactive map

reply from jack gervais in Forums - View the full discussion

From Andy Cotgreave in how to automatic zoom in to the selected point in map: Maps should, in their default behaviour, zoom to filtered data marks. If not, it's probably because somewhere along the line while you developed the view, you'll have manually set the axis, either by zooming manually or resizing the worksheet. Have a look at the attached for a dashboard with both types of map on it. To clear the axes, hover over the map, and look at the zoom controls that appear. If the map pin is blue, then click it to reset it to auto zoom. Also try the menu option: Worksheet...Clear...Manual Sizing

I found the information above in a previous post about this same issue. If helps please mark it Helpful or Correct to assist other users in finding this solution. Hope that helps! Jack

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Tableau Community

Start a new discussion in Forums by email or at Tableau Community

Following Creating an interactive map in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Tableau Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Tableau Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences