1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 7:20 AM by Tom Dang

Action Filter by County

Tom Dang

Hi all,

I am building a map to visualize County level data in the U.S. I have created an action filter so that as I click on a county on the map, it will filter all the other visualizations for me. However, if several counties have the same name (for example: Clark - WA and Clark - NV), the visualizations will contain all the Clark counties' numbers. The only way that I can specify which Clark county I am looking for is by filtering by the State first, and then clicking on the County. Is there a way that Tableau can recognize which state the county belongs to and therefore shows the correct county's information that I'm looking for?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Action Filter by County
          Tom Dang

Never mind guys! I have been toying with this for so long - but as soon as I asked the question on this forum, I suddenly found the answer.

In this "Target Filters", at first I only have County - County target. I then added the State - State target, and it works! Now I can click on any counties on the map, and it will select the right county for me in the other visualizations.