1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 4:36 PM by Cathy Bridges

Compared to this weeks dates, show previous weeks (7 day) average against this week

ankit.ravi

I want to show previous week (7 day) average against this weekday. For example, against this week Friday, I want to show previous weeks 7 day average ending on Friday (previous week) and so on.

I have attached an image here, so instead of this weeks data I would like to show previous weeks average. For example, if I have 4/9/18 in the view, I would to see the average of previous weeks 7 day average ending on 4/3/18. So, if the average for previous week ending on 4/3/18 is 20 (lets assume), thats what I want to show against 4/9/18 (This week).

I have attached an image below of how it would look.

Please do let me know if any additional information/detail is needed.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Compared to this weeks dates, show previous weeks (7 day) average against this week
          Cathy Bridges

Once you have your data in a table in Tableau, you can right-click on your measure and select Quick Table Calculation, then "Moving Average". Right-click the new calculation and make sure it's calculating the way you want (probably Table Across or Table Down, but possibly by the Day of Traffic Day field). Then, underneath where it says "Moving Calculation" there's another drop-down where you can select how many previous values you want included in the calculation. That's where you can set it to 6 previous and include current.

RollingAvg.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful