5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2018 1:04 PM by Bishar Sethna

Help with graph

Bishar Sethna

I am attempting to create this graph in my workbook (attached)

Any help in this will be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Help with graph
          Matt Lutton

I took a quick look, but do not fully understand based on the data in the workbook.  It may be a data structuring issue, as the # of incomplete and completed numbers did not add up to the total number (# of records).  I didn't have time to look at the underlying data, but if the measures are in multiple columns, pivoting may be an option.

Pivot Data from Columns to Rows

If you can describe the problem in a bit more detail (using the fields in your actual data when you write the description), I (or other volunteers on this Forum) can take another look.  Happy analyzing and good luck!

• 2. Re: Help with graph
            Bishar Sethna

Matt,

Thank you for your reply. Since I had posted this I found out the reason my totals were not adding up and rectified the workbook. What I intend to do is like the tab labeled trend graph in the newly attached workbook. I would like to show a trend graph for the two semesters with trend lines on the same graph. I am trying to describe below:

Completed applications        Fall 2017  Graph (trend line)

Fall 2018  Graph (trend Line)

InCompleted applications      Fall 2017  Graph (trend line)

Fall 2018  Graph (trend Line

Total applications                  Fall 2017  Graph (trend line)

Fall 2018  Graph (trend Line

In my rows shelf I have tried moving the App term pill to after the sum pills but no luck. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you.

Best,

Bishar

• 3. Re: Help with graph
              Matt Lutton

I've taken a shot at it in the attached 10.5 TWBX -- let me know if I am missing anything, or if this gets you where you need to be.

For more info on how to build this type of chart, see: Measure Names and Measure Values

Cheers and happy analyzing!

• 4. Re: Help with graph
                Matt Lutton

Here it is with Trend Lines attached.  If it is necessary to make each line show up in it's own "Row", then use "Measure Names" as the Row header:

Untitled.png

• 5. Re: Help with graph
                  Bishar Sethna

Matt,

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. I appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. Again, thank you.

Best,

Bishar