3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 10:49 AM by Raheel Farooq

is there a way to forcefully select a value in filter based on parameter?

Raheel Farooq

Hi All, I am using a Parameter as well as a filter and both are based on a single source field.

Filter is set to multiple selection and Parameter is set to single selection.

I want when a user selects a parameter, that value should automatically get selected in the filter selection. thanks

Regards,

• 1. Re: is there a way to forcefully select a value in filter based on parameter?
          Deepak Rai

Parameters do nothing  until linked to a Calculated Field. Please attach a workbook and a small explanation on what you need.

Thanks

Deepak

• 2. Re: is there a way to forcefully select a value in filter based on parameter?
            Raheel Farooq

Hello Deepak,

Attached is the sample.

The goal is to compare a city sales with nationwide competitive selected city sales.

There is a parameter which user will select as the primary city, the user is interested to compare and In the filter user will select the competitor cities.

Case1:

when user selects "Allen" as a City from Select City Parameter and selects none from filter the graph should show both bars equal to the sales of "Allen" City.

Case2:

when user selects "Allen" as a City from Select City Parameter and selects none from filter the graph should show both bars equal to the sales of "Allen" City.

And When user selects "Allen" as a City from Select City Parameter and selects "Alexandria" from the filter the graph should show two bars , black bar will show the sales of Alexandria sales + Allen Sales and orange bar will display the sales of "Allen" City. So user can compare their combined sales with the Selected City "Allen" Sales.

Case3:

And When user selects "Allen" as a City from Select City Parameter and selects "All"  from the filter the graph should show two bars , black bar will show the sales of nationwide cities (including "Allen") and orange bar will display the sales of "Allen" City. So user can compare their nationwide combined sales with the Selected City "Allen" Sales.

The Problem I am having is; when a user selects "Allen" as a City from Select City Parameter and selects any-other city from the filter other excluding "Allen" the graph shows nothing; so My idea is to do something with the filter so that when a user selects "Allen" from parameter it should automatically get selected in the filter. In that case when a user will see the same result output as in Case1.

Hope it problem is clear. Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,

Raheel Farooq