3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 12:03 PM by Okechukwu Ossai

Showing recent empty data on continuous date range

Daniel Jung

Hi,

I want to show values within a date range that are being ignored (specifically recent empty values). What I have can be shown below:

I am aggregating data over a series of dates. First I changed the date type to "Continuous" and to show "Week Number". I filtered the data like shown below:

However I would like to include the weeks of April 1st and April 8th in the graph (and also calculated as part of the trendline) but I am unable to do this.

I have also set the Table Layout to show empty rows and columns

And also set the filter to show empty values as well:

How can I show recent empty/missing values for the last 2 weeks as part of my graph/trendline?

• 1. Re: Showing recent empty data on continuous date range
          Okechukwu Ossai

Hi Daniel,

Setting filters to show empty values will not automatically show dates with no records in the data source. You need a table calculation which you can set to Compute using the date field before this can work.

Alternatively, if you have a continuous calendar table in your database, then you can join your current data source to it. This will be provide a continuous date record.

Hope this helps.

Ossai

• 2. Re: Showing recent empty data on continuous date range
            Daniel Jung

Hi Okechukwu,

Thanks for getting back to me. Could you elaborate more on using a table calculation? Could you give an example if possible?

• 3. Re: Showing recent empty data on continuous date range
              Okechukwu Ossai

It depends on what you are doing. I can't give specific suggestion except I see a sample dataset. An example of using a table calculation will be to right click on AGG(# of assessment....) field on the row shelf and select Add Table Calculation or 'Compute Using' if the option is there.

You can also create a table calculation using functions like TOTAL, LOOKUP, or any WINDOWS function etc.

Since '# of assessment....' field is already aggregated, try

LOOKUP([# of assessment....],0)

Use this calculated field on the rows shelf instead. Right click on it and select 'Compute Using' Assessment Date.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ossai