4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 7:08 AM by Jim Dehner

Control weeks data in tableau

lingaiah yalagala

Hi All,

I have developed the tableau dashboard for 2018. I am having the data week wise from January 2018, every week will get excel file to load data in tableau,according to customer want to see latest 7 weeks data only in tableau.How do i restrict the data for latest 7 weeks in tableau. Please help me here. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yalagala

• 1. Re: Control weeks data in tableau
          Jim Dehner

Little confused - is it you intent that the data shown is limited to y weeks or the data table only include 7 weeks of data

If you only want to show 7 weeks of data you can use

datetrunc('week',[ Date]) <= datetrunc('week',   dateadd('week',-7,today()))    as a filter - place on the filter shelf and set to context

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Control weeks data in tableau
            Jim Dehner

opps

obviously meant datetrunc('week',[ Date]) >= datetrunc('week',   dateadd('week',-7,today()))

Jim

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Control weeks data in tableau
              lingaiah yalagala

Hi Jim,

Actual base table having data from January 2018, but customer want to see latest 7 weeks data only in tableau dashboard.

Regards,

Yalagala

• 4. Re: Control weeks data in tableau
                Jim Dehner

Then I would suggest you consider a wildcard union to bring in the new week of data on a weekly basis see the link  Union Your Data

And the context filter

datetrunc('week',[ Date]) >= datetrunc('week',   dateadd('week',-7,today()))

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.