2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2018 6:44 AM by tj.lensing.3

Compare values in two lists of strings

tj.lensing.3

Hi. In the attached .twbx (10.4), I have two data sources: one is a list of possible users, the other a list of users who have visited a website. I’d like to show a list of users that have visited and a list of users who have not visited (or they could be one list segmented or colored or whatever). Not visited meaning “Possible – visiting users = non-visiting”. For example:

Possible users:

Dave

Don

Daisy

Bob

Barbara

Blair

Visiting users:

Dave

Don

Daisy

Bob

Blair

Non-visiting users:

Barbara

I got this to work using a set that simply compares visiting to possible: COUNTD([User]) = COUNTD([User (All Possible Users)]) . Members in the set are visiting. Members out of the set are non-visiting. This works until filtering by other dimensions.

So there is also the Area they work within. Filtering on that works OK. It keeps only the possible users within the area selected, and compares visiting users against that. That’s fine.

The problem is this is happening over time also. So there is weekly data. When all dates are selected it works fine. When filtering by a single date, it keeps the visiting users, but the non-visiting users disappear?

It doesn’t matter to me if the solution uses a set or calc or whatever. I just can’t figure out how to display the T|F whether a value in a list is part of another list when filtered by different dates.

Thanks for any ideas!