3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 3:59 PM by Wesley Magee

Pace report to compare 2 different years

Stanley Nwador

Hi guys, I am new to Tableau and i'm trying to create Pace report to compare 2 different years (2016 vs. 2018) numbers (Revenue and Units) but in Intervals (7 days Intervals). Using the attached Tableau Workbook sample. Also adding any type of graph will really help.

Please I really need your help on this and thank you so very much in advance.

• 1. Re: Pace report to compare 2 different years
          Wesley Magee

Stanley,

Attached is an example workbook for what I think you were looking for. A couple of notes:

1. I only used the Measures for 2016 for Revenue and Units since the data was the same for 2018. Instead, I used the Date field to separate 2016 from 2018.
          2. I placed a discrete year value of Date onto the Color marks card to create a line for each year.
          3. I placed a discrete month value of Date onto the Columns shelf to give a shared x-axis.

-Wesley

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Pace report to compare 2 different years
            Stanley Nwador

Wesley Magee Hi Wesley Thank you so very much, this is very helpful.

But is there a way I can add a Filter or Parameter to view this chart in different Intervals? Like to view it in 7-Day Interval, 30-Day Interval and 90-Day Interval?

Is that even possible? Even not with a Filter or Parameter, is there another way? If so can you please help  me with that please.

• 3. Re: Pace report to compare 2 different years
              Wesley Magee

Stanley,

Yes, there are a few ways you could do this. One would be to create bins for day counts. To do this you would create a calculation doing a DATEDIFF between the Date field and Today(). Then create bins with a parameter that uses 30, 60, or 90.

Or you could create a calc where you truncate your date using DATETRUNC and use a parameter to swap out day, month, or quarter. It would look like this:

DATETRUNC([Date Parameter], [Date Field))

-Wesley