1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2018 7:24 AM by Matt Lutton

Different way to display mark and reference line labels so they do not overlap

Matt Spicer

Does anyone know a better way to display the mark or reference labels so they are not so close together? The reference line represents the current 2018 run rate.  It is fine on the larger spend commodities but when you get to the bottom they are bunched together.  I may have to choose a different way to display in general but I didn't know if anyone had a solution or knows a different type chart that would display this better.

• 1. Re: Different way to display mark and reference line labels so they do not overlap
          Matt Lutton

I do not know of any easy way to modify what you have, but you are right in thinking that an alternate layout may work best here.  You could always throw those values for the bars on another sheet, and instead of showing the labels, show a table next to the bar with the values, or similar.  I'd definitely try to find a way to separate the values you're trying to display. Sometimes text tables next to a bar look great, but it may take a bit of effort to make things line up perfectly, etc. 

Best of luck and be sure to let us know if you find an alternate method that works better for you!