3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2018 7:45 PM by lei.chen.0

Tableau User

Gaurav Shuchi

I am new to Tableau. Learning it. Wanted to ask that Is Mastering Tableau provides all the solution to Data Science?

Is there a need to learn ML separately? Because, till now, according to my learning, all you need is a dataset and plot a graph and draw insight.

Does it fits in Data Analyst job profile?

I want to be a data analyst only.

Data Science is very vast.  So, knowledge of which topics in Data Science is required to be a good Data Analyst along with Tableau?

Kindly provide answer to my query.

• 1. Re: Tableau User
          lei.chen.0

Hello Gaurav,

Tableau is data visualization tool, which contributes to data analysis mainly in two stages.

- Data understanding: Tableau helps plot the data in a visual way, better to understand.

- Result summary: For example, Tableau helps plot the prediction and actual values to show the variance in a visual way.

Two links for your reference.

How to use R with Tableau (and when you should)

Leverage the power of Python in Tableau with TabPy | Tableau Software

Regards

Lei

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tableau User
            Gaurav Shuchi

Hi Lei,

Thanks for the overwhelming reply.

The first link describes How R can be used with Tableau. It helped me in developing basic understanding.

Can you answer 1 more question:- What all a data/tableau analyst must know at initial levels to land a job?

• 3. Re: Tableau User
              lei.chen.0

Hello Gaurav,

Gaurav Shuchi wrote:

Can you answer 1 more question:- What all a data/tableau analyst must know at initial levels to land a job?

It's a difficult question because there's no only-one correct answer and answers differ according to job demands.

Here are some of my opinions, just for your reference.

• Data Analyst Responsibilities

With a simple search, you could get so many results, just simply pick up one of them, and you might find a list of different responsibilities. Then your first decision is which responsibilities to focus on. Technical or consultant? and etc.

• Tableau or not

Depends on your target responsibilities, your another decision is the tool. Yes, a variety of choices, ETL or BI, Tableau or not, it's a problem

If you decide to choose Tableau as your dear partner, try to get one or some or all of Certification | Tableau Software .

The exam is not free of charge, but I think the certification would contribute to your career.

Regards

Lei