1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2018 8:10 AM by naresh.suglani.0

** Updated** Count number of overlapping points in radius circles?

naresh.suglani.0

Hi all I tried using Richard Leeke's method but couldn't get it to work.

I would like to plot these 9 points on a map and add a filter from 1 to 6 miles so I can see how many points are captured within each set radius from a selected point and also count how many other points appear in the overlap when 2 points are selected.

The idea is to help target marketing campaigns better in a specific region.

Could someone spare the time to help create this for me please?

Files are attached.

• 1. Re: ** Updated** Count number of overlapping points in radius circles?
          naresh.suglani.0

I have now created the attached workbook with the help of a guide by Richard Leeke, which shows 852 points distributed around the UK, representing shop locations. I have applied the radius multiplier so I can change the radius around each shop from 1 to 6 miles to see if the radius around each shop overlaps that of a neighbouring shop.

This all looks good on the map but I need a table to go with this to show which shops and how many shops overlap with one another once a particular radius is set.

This will show me the effect of increasing radius and help direct marketing resources more efficiently for each shop.

I'm hoping someone can help with this project of mine.