1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2018 5:24 AM by Abhilash Sharma

Creating a filter that connects to an automatically refreshed image feed

Ieva Zeromskaite

Hi all,

I would like my dashboard to be able to filter creative content (images), just like any other filter can filter out specific selected category information. For example, if I select UK in the filter, I would like a part of the dashboard to show a specific image associated with UK, that would change to a different one if I selected, say, USA.

I don't know if this is possible at all with Tableau, and so far looked at URL/webpage option and Tableau APIs but have not found what I need.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ieva

• 1. Re: Creating a filter that connects to an automatically refreshed image feed
          Abhilash Sharma

Hi Ieva,

Yes it is possible using background images. You can add conditions in them and choose to show what can be filtered.

In the below workbook, I have implemented the same feature. Download the workbook and go to the dashboard named, "Bhuvaneshwar Kumar" and then you will see a hawk-eye analysis created. That uses a filter of Batting Style Selector and the background image changes accordingly.

Tableau Public

Visit the respective sheet and then navigate to Maps menu option and then to Background Images and then see how the condition has been added. You can replicate a similar approach to your usecase.

Please mark helpful and/or correct if it helped.

~Abhilash