6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2018 5:19 AM by Jim Dehner

Use a set in count

An Van Laer

Hi

I have to have a count of the registered kids if met at a certain conditions, for example when address is filled in, age of birthdate is noted, etc.  I have this made this formula:

COUNT( CONTAINS([Attendee Status], "Checked In" ) AND (NOT ISNULL([Home Postcode] )) and (not isnull([Birth Date]) OR not isnull([Age])))

That works.

But now i have to filter also on a set called Kid.  I tried adding IFF([Kid],true,false) to this formula, but that wouldn't do the filtering.  What am i doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Use a set in count
          Lucie Brett

Hello,

Should the true and false be in parenthesis?

• 2. Re: Use a set in count
            Jim Dehner

Good morning

I tried the syntax on your formula and got this

Is that what you got also?

I'm not certain what you are trying to do with last check - You  have a dimension KID that you want to use as a filter

there are a couple of ways - just put Kid and the filter shelf and select from list

Or you could have a parameter and calculation for the filter

and create the viz

either way will filter the data and you can use you multi-level calculation as is

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Use a set in count
              An Van Laer

Thanks Jim for your answer.

I need to count the Kids and then in the next column i need to count the volunteers that are attending a certain event.  So for every event, i need to have the number of kids (with a set called Kid) and the number of volunteers (with a set called Volunteer).  These sets are based on a (big) list of different ticket types.

I filtered it first like you did in your example, but then i couldn't use another filter for the volunteers.

• 4. Re: Use a set in count
                Jim Dehner

OK

as I understand it you have created 2 sets and want to show both

see the superstore example below

you could use a filter like this set to True

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 5. Re: Use a set in count
                  An Van Laer

Thanks Jim, That was the format i needed!

• 6. Re: Use a set in count
                    Jim Dehner

Glad to help out

Jim