2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 10:09 PM by Dinesh Kumar S R

Tableau Online Authentication for Web Application

Dinesh Kumar S R

I have Tableau Online with 10 user license and couple of dashboards are published on online.

Planning to embed few of the dashboard in to web application for different user, so would like to know the authentication methodology available for tableau online.

• 1. Re: Tableau Online Authentication for Web Application
          Peter Fakan

Hi Dinesh,

We don't use tableau online so I may be talking out of my hat, but our embedded dashboards have a pop up screen that asks users for their login credentials before it allows them to see the viz.

I'd envisage that your licenses would probably work in the same manner.

In terms of access control, this is done via the web interface screen, where you set users and groups, so that different sets of users would have access to different visualisations.

HTH

Peter

• 2. Re: Tableau Online Authentication for Web Application
            Dinesh Kumar S R

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response, In Tableau Server, I used to generate a token for each user who login to the web application and without any pop-up/login request we allowed user to access the visualization.

But Online is restricted with user and trying to see how to make them to access the visualization with just web application login(making second login is user inconvenience, feel).

Best Wishes,

Dinesh