0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2018 8:33 AM by William Poling

New to Tableau and need help with CUBE MDX Calculated Member scripting

William Poling

Hi, I have not used the forum for asking a question yet and I hope this is the approriate approach via e-mail.

I have reviewed many links for CUBES, MDX and Tableau but still cannot figure out how to code what I need, UGH!

I have no access to the CUBE backend, just the connection via Microsoft Analysis Services linking my Tableau desktop

I have a measure; .[Claim Count]

I have Dimensions; .[ExternalNetwork] & a hierarchy that I think would be coded in MDX as .[Period - StatusChangeDate].[Month] (There are Year and Quarter {and the ActualDate}as well, but I am only interested in using month for the moment

What I would like to do is create two subgroups from the members in the ExternalNetwork dimension and using the Months dimension summing the claimcount measure.

It would look like this along a 24 month time period, Jan2016-Dec-2017:

2016-01

2016-02

2016-03

NetworksGrp1

NetworksGrp2

I have made a few feeble attempts but these are not what I need.

I hope this is enough information.

Thank you for any support.

Bill.poling@Zelis.com<mailto:Bill.poling@Zelis.com>

www.Zelis.Com<http://www.phx-online.com/>

Confidentiality Notice This message is sent from Zelis. This transmission may contain information which is privileged and confidential and is intended for the personal and confidential use of the named recipient only. Such information may be protected by applicable State and Federal laws from this disclosure or unauthorized use. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, review, discussion, copying, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately. Zelis, 2018.