2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2018 6:29 AM by Joshua Milligan

Looking for job in Tableau

Shiva Ghosh

Hi, I have 4 years of experience in Testing, QA role.I want to get out of this testing domain and get into Data science so i have learned tableau and working on it since last 2 months and now i am looking for a job in tableau. But as i don't have any experience in tableau i am not able get recruiters attention. Please guide me exactly what needs to be done in such situations? should i  show any fake project experience? if yes how it would be like?

Please help me on this as i am strongly looking for job change!!!

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Looking for job in Tableau

Hi Shiva,

I have moved your thread to the Jobs category.

Here are our available opportunities at the moment: Job Listing | Tableau Software

I would encourage you to continue mastering your skills with Tableau, trying new things, learning new ways to do something you already know as it's perfect for workarounds, ... I wish you the best of luck in finding your dream job!

----------

Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau

Tableau Community Forums | Knowledge Base

If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!

• 2. Re: Looking for job in Tableau
            Joshua Milligan

Hi Shiva,

I would also suggest that you start to build a portfolio of work and be involved in the community.  I you don't have a Tableau Desktop license, then you can use Tableau Public for free.  There are various community events, like Makeover Monday which would give you a place to engage with others and start to build your skills.  You might also find data sets that are interesting to you and build Tableau Public dashboards around them.  And along the way you can get help and advice on the forums.  And you'll start to build your skills, your portfolio and your presence in the community.  Definitely reach out for help and as you grow and learn, return the favor by helping others!

Best Regards,

Joshua

1 of 1 people found this helpful