0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2018 1:08 AM by Shivi Srivastava

Date range selection (non-calendar) while changing periodicity (weekly/monthly/..)

Shivi Srivastava

Hi All,

I am a little new to Tableau and this problem from my client has really got me stumped

My client wants to be able to select periodicity on the dashboard and toggle between Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Half-yearly/Yearly. For this I have created a simple parameter & calculated filed (case statement) using the Date dimension.

However, basis this periodicity selection, they want to select the "From" & "To" range for which the values will update on the dashboard. The From & To values should be actual values (not a calendar) and should update if the periodicity is changed.

For eg.: If the user has selected the periodicity "Weekly" in the periodicity parameter, he should be able to select say "FY17Week21" in the "From" filter should and "FY17Week36" in the "To" filter and the charts should update for the data from this duration (FY17 week 21 to FY17 week 36). However, when they change the periodicity to say "Quarterly" the values in the "From" & "To" filter should update to quarter names and he should be able to select say "FY17Q2" in the "From" filter should and "FY18Q1" in the "To" filter and the charts should updated for the data from this duration (FY17 Q2 to FY18 Q1).

I hope I have been able to explain the problem properly.

Has anyone ever tried something like this? Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!,

Shivi