4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2018 12:44 AM by Justin D'Cruze

Tableau Server Installation Failed

Kanasit Tachapuntukul

I have tried to install Tableau Server 10.5 (10500.18.0109.1050) on my laptop but failed with error message, "Tableau Server initialization failed. See install log at C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\logs\tabadmin.log".

My laptop specs:

Core i5 2.40Ghz

Windows 10 Enterprise

RAM 8 GB

64-bit

I have attach the document that could be helpful

Please help me find the root cause, thank you.

• 1. Re: Tableau Server Installation Failed
          Joel Reyes

Hello,

Thank you for providing the logs.

After review, I saw this close to the end of the log:

2018-02-14 16:54:18.360 +0700_FATAL_10.210.42.140:CPX-MUB7EVD0347_:_pid=17032_0x12e5da86__user=__request=__ Unable to init component Components::Vizportal (7 of 16): RuntimeError: The driver encountered an unknown error: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection to localhost:8060 refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

2018-02-14 16:54:18.361 +0700_DEBUG_10.210.42.140:CPX-MUB7EVD0347_:_pid=17032_0x12e5da86__user=__request=__ Component::InitError: Unable to init component Components::Vizportal (7 of 16): RuntimeError: The driver encountered an unknown error: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection to localhost:8060 refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

It looks like the service is attempting to bind to localhost:8060 and is being stopped. The most likely causes of this issue are a firewall or possibly anti-virus software. An additional potential cause could be issues related to the Tableau Server Run As User permissions. A great first step would be to ensure that the necessary ports are open.

• 2. Re: Tableau Server Installation Failed
            Kanasit Tachapuntukul

Thank you for the suggestion but, unfortunately, the same
            problem is still persist.

First of all I have confirm with IT Operation team that the
            port is not blocked on my laptop and my network then I have uninstalled the
            program (and remove all files in C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server and
            C:\ProgramData\Tableau). During the new installation, the same error have
            popped-up. I have check all the open port using “netstat -an” in command prompt
            and there is no service listening to port 8060.

I think there should be some things wrong with the embedded PostgresDB within the installer.

It would be great if you any other suggestions - thank you
            for your effort.

• 3. Re: Tableau Server Installation Failed
              Toby Erkson

How many cores on your laptop?  Just making sure you meet the minimum requirements 10.5 needs.

Did you disable your anti-virus?

• 4. Re: Tableau Server Installation Failed
                Justin D'Cruze

I've come across this in an older version of Tableau Server due to run as user permissions......this article has some more details:

Error "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection to localhost:8060 refused" | Tableau Software