2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2018 1:55 AM by Joseph Man

Using only one of the two field filters in a heat map.

Joseph Man

Dear all,

I was wondering whether filtering with one field was possible in the following setting. Let us first examine the toy example. I have the following fields: Municipality, Province, Company and Product. In every municipality some companies make some products.

Now suppose I want to map all the municipalities involved. This is relatively easy, as I have demonstrated in the sheet municipality of interest. Next, I constructed a pie chart consisting of the number of products.

I would like to construct the following:

• When clicked on a heat map municipality region, I want to see on the pie chart, what products are produced.

The problem is, when I use the map as a filter, it filters on two fields, namely the municipality and the company (since I use the company as a color.

So, based on the data of Aa en Hunze:

Aa en Hunze

Drenthe

A

Rocks

Aa en Hunze

Drenthe

B

Pen

Aa en Hunze

Drenthe

B

Paper

Aa en Hunze

Drenthe

B

Fire

I would get a pie chart consisting of only Rocks, if company A is represented on the heat map, even though, what I would like is for the filter to ignore the company field and show Rocks, Pen, Paper and Fire. Each covering 25%.

How can I achieve that? See the dashboard attached.

PS: I know in this setting it does not make a lot of sense. But I hope this might convey the problem I ran into.